DELIVERING ON OUR ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENTS
STEVIN ROCK HAS ALWAYS BEEN STRIVING TO PROTECT THE BEAUTIFUL ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH ITS OPERATIONS ARE LOCATED. ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL MEASURES HAVE ACCOUNTED FOR AS MUCH AS 10% OF THE COMPANY’S CAPITAL EXPENDITURES IN RECENT YEARS AND WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED AND MAINTAINED AN ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM THAT MEETS ALL THE REQUIREMENTS OF ISO 14001:2007.
Stevin Rock is committed to continuously develop environmental policies in order to minimise its environmental impact on the surrounding eco-system and local communities.
We work in close cooperation with Ras Al Khaimah Environment Protection and IndustrialDevelopment Authority (EPDA) and have introduced advanced dust extraction systems across all of our sites. We have totally enclosed all crushers, screens, product bins and most of our conveyor systems.
Stevin Rock is also implementing Go-Green initiatives such as planting of trees, flowers and grass as well as waste management, water saving through recycling, energy saving, reduction of CO2 emissions, etc.
Our entire workforce undergoes environment training as part of our efforts to maintain the standards of our company to internationally recognised levels, to keep improving the industry’s image and to minimise its impact on the environment as much as possible.
PROMOTING BEST PRACTICE
The many environmental measures we have taken to reduce our environmental impact include:
- Water spraying to minimize dust emissions throughout all stages of our operations achieved with zero consumption of ground water and the selective use of biodegradable dust suppressant
- Introduction of advanced dust extraction systems accross all our quarries, and the encapsulation of all crushers, screens, product bins and conveyor systems
- Cleaning all exit roads with road sweepers
- Monitoring levels of ground vibrations and noise, ensuring blasting is staggered and installing sound-proof walls and fencing to control noise levels
- Planting trees, flowers and grass within our sites and the surrounding areas under our Go Green Initiatives
- Frequent monitoring of air, water and soil quality
- Supporting a healthy ecosystem for our local flora and fauna
- Working with environmental consultants to identify innovative solutions